Saturday, November 15, 2014

Blog Post 11

This week in class we talked about the importance of sleep. The brain functions better when it has a routine sleep schedule. I value my sleep very highly. I have noticed in the past that when I do not get enough sleep I am not function at my best. Getting little sleep leaves me grumpy, irritated and sometimes even physically sick. My body needs those several hours during the night to recuperate and prepare for the day ahead. I notice that when I am fully rested I am generally in a better mood and am more engaged in learning in my classes. It is difficult to absorb material and learn effectively in class when you are so focused on simply just keeping your eyes open. Sleep is one of my upmost priorities. I have learned that I am not very productive studying late at night. It is almost useless for me to read my CAS book after 10 at night because I wont remember anything I read. Instead, I found that I am more productive when I wake up earlier after I get a good nights rest. 
Exercise is also very important not only for fitness, but exercise also benefits the brain. I need to get better at putting aside time to focus on my physical well being. I often find myself so absorbed in my studies and school work that by the end of the day exercise is the last thing on my mind. After a long day of classes, I am both physically and mentally exhausted. My goal is to start taking breaks from homework and go for a run or do something physically active. Exercise is an effective way to relieve stress in a healthy way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment