Friday, October 31, 2014

Blog Post 9


Reflection on my past goals 

One of my goals I made back in September was that I was going to get a job on campus by the end of the semester. So far I have not applied for any jobs on campus. However, I have had the opportunity to go home on some weekends to work for my old job back in Holland. I really enjoy being able to go home every now and then to work and earn some money. On the weekends I am able to make as much money in a day as I would if I worked everyday on campus. It works out well because I am able to focus on my studies during the week and am able to enjoy the free time I do have. I am still open to finding an on campus job for the winter and spring semester. I have thought about hosting students for Friday’s at Calvin on the weekends to make some extra money. I have somewhat maintained my goal of exercising twice a week. Even if it is just a walk around campus or through Calvin’s nature preserve, that is a healthy way to give myself a break from studying. I still need to work on building the habit of exercising and being healthy. I know from past experience that the more I work out the more my body craves that feeling of exercise. It is my willpower to exercise that I need to work on. The hardest part is getting myself started. For example, the idea comes across my mind, but the action of putting on my gym clothes and shoes is what turns me away. I am still going to have the goal of exercising because it is healthy for me, and I should do it more often. I am on right track to accomplishing my goal of playing a song on the guitar. I still have a long way to go, but I am making progress. I have little experience playing the guitar, so just learning a few cords is an improvement. Many of my friends I hang out with play the guitar, so I have been getting tips and help from them which has made this goal obtainable. I have not yet met my goal of becoming Belay Certified at the rock wall. I was sick for the first several weeks of school, and then became so busy with school that I have not had much time to go rock climbing. It is still on my list of goals to accomplish by the end of the semester. 

Smart Goals 


  1. End the semester with at least a C or better in my Spanish class. 
  2. Plan out my next semester and classes by Thanksgiving Break
  3. Become Belay Certified at the Calvin rock wall by the end of the semester.
  4. Exercise 3 times a week to maintain good health 
  5. Start attending a chapel service at least once a week starting in November.
  6. Start looking a church to attend on Sunday starting in November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment